Hey! Follow me on Twitter @cleanplatechef
Also, you know what you get when you combine THIS recipe with the recipe below?
also known as (and appropriately named by one of my private clients) JELLY COOKIES!
Pectin-Free Peach Jam
5 ripe peaches, peeled and diced small
1/4 c. coconut sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 tsp. arrowrooot starch
1/2 c. water
- In a saucepan, heat peaches, sugar, and lemon juice over med-low heat.
- Let the mixture simmer and reduce until peaches get soft and release liquid.
- In a small bowl, mix water and starch until well combined.
- Add water mixture to soft peach mixture and combine well.
- Simmer on low until mixture gets “sticky”.
- Store in a jar and cool before using in cookie recipe.
Lemon Coconut Cookies (click for recipe)
When making the thumbprint cookies, make a dip in the cookies before baking and fill with a small amount of jam. Bake according to the cookie recipe.
One Comment Add yours