I’m certain that many of you are already engaged in your new year’s detox plans. However, I know others are waiting until Monday to start their health-centric plans. So, if you happen to need a perfectly delicious and paleo-friendly treat before you begin the Whole 30 or juice cleanse, make this for the weekend and be everyone’s new best friend.
I made this for a New Year’s Eve gathering and you can be sure, there was none leftover.
Paleo Dessert Pizza
Paleo Sugar Cookie
1 c. cashew meal
1/4 c. coconut flour
1 Tbsp. potato starch
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 c. butter or coconut oil
1/4 c. honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (optional)
10 dates, soaked (discard soaking liquid before blending)
1/2 c. cocoa powder
1/4 c. honey
2 tsp. vanilla powder
pinch sea salt
Sliced bananas, berries, and coconut flakes
- In food processor, mix together sugar cookie ingredients, starting with the dry; cashew, coconut, potato starch, baking soda, salt…
- Then add the egg, honey, oil, and vanilla and pulse until a sticky ball forms.
- Roll out dough between two pieces of parchment paper to your desired thickness.
- Do not preheat the oven, but set it to 350 and put the cookie in to bake for about 10 mins. check around 5-8 mins. It will be golden when it’s done.
- Clean the food processor OR in a high speed blender, mix together all of the pudding ingredients.
- Once the cookie has cooled, you can spread the pudding on the cookie. There will probably be pudding leftover. (this means you should make 2 cookies, and then you will have 2 pizzas!)
- Decorate with fruit, nuts, coconut… make it pretty.