Here’s a fun, festive treat for the weekend. I know it’s not particularly “cool” out here in California, but that shouldn’t stop anyone from enjoying as many pumpkin-related treats as possible this season 🙂
Here are some past Clean Plate Pumpkin favorites!
Pumpkin-Spiced Latte (Dairy-Free!)
1/2 c. tapioca starch
1/2 c. coconut flour
1/2 c. coconut sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla
Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
1 bag cranberries
Juice and zest of 1 orange
pinch of salt
2 packets stevia
some water 1/2-1 c.
1/2 c. powdered sugar (organic or make your own by blending your sugar on high until powdery.
2 Tbsp. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a saucepan, add cranberries, orange juice, and a little water. Heat to a simmer.
- Add a pinch of salt and stir occasionally.
- Once the cranberries start to break down, add more water depending on desired consistency. (I like mine thick and chunky, so I didn’t add too much water.)
- Once cranberries are done add stevia and zest to taste. Let cool a little bit.
- Mix dry bread ingredients in a bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Add dry.
- In a parchment lined loaf pan, pour batter and shake to level loaf.
- Spoon some cranberry sauce on top and drag spoon through the top layer to make swirls and canyons of cranberry in the pumpkin batter. You don’t want to mix too much.
- Bake for 40 mins or so, until toothpick comes out clean.
- In a small bowl, whisk orange juice and sugar until pale and sticky.
- Drizzle glaze over the top of the loaf.
- You should have cranberry sauce and glaze leftover 🙂
- Slice and serve warm with extra sauce, or just by itself!