Today’s post will be short and sweet. My reason for brevity is two-fold:
1. I’ve got a couple of longer posts coming up.
2. I’m about to head out for a surf and the tide waits for no one.
Go make these. You’ll be happy.
Minty Chocolate Bites
2 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
3/4 c. almond meal (I didn’t use almond flour but I bet it would work just the same)
10-15 medjool dates (depending on how dry/moist they are)
1/4 – 1/3 c. cocoa powder (I used some delicious Valrohna cocoa powder, but you could use raw cacao or just your box o’ Hershey’s in the pantry)
1 tsp. peppermint oil (from trader joes… any peppermint extract will do)
dash of sea salt
- In a food processor, add almond meal and coconut. Process until sandy in texture.
- Add dates, cocoa, salt and peppermint.
- Process until sticky.
- Roll into balls or press into a pan to cut into bars.