Just in time for Valentine’s Day, here’s a husband-approved ALTERNATIVE pizza crust. Most dudes can’t stand to have their beloved food items swapped out for “healthier” versions. Enter the meatza and the spinach crust. Meatza is a pizza that has meat as the crust, then your basic pizza sauce, toppings, and cheese. The spinach crust pizza is a mixture of spinach, eggs, and parmesan cheese topped with all the regulars. I have yet to attempt a meatza, but they are all over the blogosphere. For now, I leave you with the low-carb, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free savior of pizza night. Meatza is in the queue
Grain-Free Spinach Crust Pizza
1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1/3 c. shaved parmesan cheese
4 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 Tbsp. italian seasoning
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
pizza sauce or pesto
italian sausage or pepperoni
raw parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Chop up toppings and spread evenly on baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 mins. Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix crust ingredients until well combined.
- On a greased or parchment lined baking sheet, spread crust evenly.
- Bake for 30 mins or until the sides begin the pull up from the sheet a bit.
- Layer sauce lightly and add toppings and cheese (optional).
- Bake for an additional 10 mins until cheese is melted.
- Slice and serve.
** This would also make a great breakfast pizza with some bacon, veggies, and jack cheese!