I love rotisserie chicken. It is supremely flavorful with crispy and delicious skin, the meat falls off the bone, you can eat it with your fingers and pretend you’re a pirate without utensils or manners. What a wonderful and convenient food!
This chicken came pretty close to all those criteria.
1. Flavorful. The Ranch spice blend is heavenly.
2. I could barely handle it without all the meat shredding and falling away from the bone.
3. The convenience of putting a whole chicken in the crock pot at 9 pm and waking up to a fully cooked meal at 6 am.
4. While the skin isn’t “rotisserie crispy” straight outta the crock pot, it is super simple to stick a chicken leg or breast under the broiler for a couple of minutes to get that crazy delicious crunch.
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
1 whole chicken, about 3-4 lbs. (giblets removed if present)
1 lemon, quartered
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 yellow onion, 3 celery stalks, 3 carrots, chopped roughly
Ranch Spice Mix
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. dried chives
1/2 tsp. dried parsley
1/2 tsp. dried dill
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
- In a bowl, mix together spices and herbs, set aside
- Place carrots, celery, and onion in the bottom of the slow cooker
- Pat dry the chicken, stuff with lemon and garlic.
- Rub the spice mixture all over the chicken.
- Place chicken in the slow cooker, resting on top of the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours. (high for 4-6 hours)
To crisp the skin, remove chicken from slow cooker and place on a baking sheet or in a Pyrex (glass) dish and heat under the broiler for 4-5 mins until you hear popping or snapping… that’s the sound of delicious.
2 Comments Add yours
This looks delicious! I’m always looking for new recipes for chicken. This looks so flavorful yet healthy! Thanks for sharing.
Its super good! I’m actually having some leftovers for dinner tonight 🙂 Hope you love it!