Other names suggested were:
1. The Jalap-acon Omlette
2. The Jalap-acon-tro Omlette
They seemed a little too gimmicky for me, so I stuck with the original food spellings (plus I like using the ñ in Jalapeño).
Enjoy this as a fancier-than-normal beginning to your day, or cook up a bunch for your weekend brunch! It’s not very spicy at all so everyone will be able to partake.
Let me assure you, this was a seriously yummy idea. I enjoyed the last bite as much as the first.
Bacon and Jalapeño Omlette
4 slices of bacon
2 tbsp. ghee
1 handful chopped cilantro
2 green onions, sliced
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Lay bacon on a foil-lined cookie sheet (or sheet with a baking rack on top) and bake until crispy. About 10 mins.
- Let bacon cool and then roughly chop.
- In a small bowl, combine onion, cilantro and jalapeño.
- Add eggs and some salt and whisk well.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a small skillet.
- Once ghee is hot, pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet.
- Cook one side and then flip to cook the other.
- Add a little less than half of the chopped bacon to the middle of the omlette while the other side is finishing cooking.
- Serve the omlette folded with some bacon and avocado on top!
- Cook the second omlette in the same manner.