I have been wanting to throw together this little snack for a while. And when I say a while I mean that I’ve had a “draft” with the title in the queue for actual years.
Sounds ridiculous but here’s the thing about my creative process; I do not like going to the store to get specific ingredients for my recipe ideas. Typically I will look at my existing pantry and use what I have to create new things, maybe with one or two additions from the store if I think of it while I’m there.
So imagine my delight when I *miraculously* had all the things needed for these snack balls.
This is a great shareable recipe because people go crazy for chocolate and coffee together. But keep in mind that they may actually go a little bonkers if you use caffeinated coffee beans. Be careful and use decaf if you feel like they may keep you and your friends up until two in the morning.
Coffee Chip Snack Bites
1 c. cashews
2 c. coconut shreds
10-12 Medjool dates (amount depends on size and moisture content)
1/4 c. cacao powder
1/4 c. mini chocolate chips
2 Tbsp. decaf coffee beans
1/2 tsp. sea salt
- Grind coconut, cashews, and coffee in a food processor.
- Pulse in cacao and sea salt.
- Add in dates and process until mixture begins to clump together. If necessary, add more dates.
- Pulse in chocolate chips.
- Form into mini balls or press into a flexible container, flip it over and release the block onto a cutting surface and cut into squares or bars.