You remember that bottle of white balsamic vinegar that’s just chilling in the back of your pantry because you bought it for that one salad dressing that one time? Well, it’s your lucky day because I have something incredible for you to make that will utilize your lonely vinegar.
This sauce has the classic holiday taste with a traditional pairing of cranberry and orange. Those ingredients would be enough to make for a dazzling holiday condiment. Game Set Match. Alas, I decided that a home run wasn’t enough for my holiday table. I needed a Grand Slam. I wanted a little more complexity to my cranberries and the white balsamic was the PERFECT addition.
Give it a try, I promise this is super duper easy to make and – even better– easy to make in advance! So if you’re the person who’s stuck bringing the cranberries, step away from the Ocean Spray can and whip this up.
White Balsamic Cranberry Sauce
2, 10 oz. bags organic cranberries
1/2 – 3/4 c. raw sugar (your preference on sweetness level)
2 oranges, zest and juice
1 1/2 Tbsp. white balsamic
sea salt to taste
sprig of rosemary
- In a sauce pot, add cranberries and fill with water about 1/3 of the way up the berries.
- Add balsamic, oj and zest, sugar and some salt.
- Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally to help breakdown the cranberries.
- Once thick and bubbly, turn off burner and add a crushed rosemary sprig to infuse before serving or storing.
4 Comments Add yours
Great post 😁