Pancake Saturday is now officially a thing in my house.
I think I’ve kept a streak going for about 6 weeks now. Each Saturday has been different as I’ve toyed around with buckwheat, vegan, plantains, bananas, even chia seed versions! These are the classic blueberry variety. No shame in keeping it simple. The simple recipes are the ones that endure the test of time. The kind you’ll find me making 5 years from now, 20 years from now, and hopefully 40 years from now for my grandkids.
Now, if you want it to be more fancy than a plain ol’ blueberry pancakes, just add TOPPINGS! Check out the picture below for my epic add-ons. Elvis would have been proud.
Not only do toppings make them fancy, adding a bit of lemon juice and almond extract lends a distinctly blueberry muffin-like flavor to this pancake. Grab the ingredients and make some this weekend for you and your family OR friends! (don’t forget a big ol’ slab of BUTTER!)
Pro Tip: use thawed frozen blueberries for better flavor and less moisture in the pancake!
Thick Paleo Blueberry Pancakes
1 c. almond flour
1/2 c. potato starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp. sea salt
3 pasture raised eggs
1/4 c. fresh almond milk (or water)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1/2 small lemon, juiced
2 Tbsp. honey (optional)
1 c. frozen blueberries, thawed
coconut oil for pan
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix dry ingredients well.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk wet ingredients until smooth.
- Add wet to dry bowl and whisk together.
- Fold in thawed blueberries.
- In a skillet, heat butter or coconut oil.
- Drop batter into skillet allowing room for each pancake.
- Flip when edges are golden and set aside.
- Optional: ALL THE TOPPINGS! (pictured below: Pecan Butter, Bacon, and Bananas)