I”m thinking everyone is probably a bit “over-sugared” right now from the candy-centric holiday this week. There has to be someone out there with a sweet tooth that no amount of holiday goodies can tame. Or maybe you’re the person who needs an alternative sweet to help avoid the mountains of leftover Halloween candy. If you are either or all of these people, this brownie will definitely do the trick (see what I did there).
This recipe requires that you make a batch of your own almond milk. A fantastic requirement in my opinion, because homemade nut milk is WAY tastier and WAY healthier than store-bought.
These brownies are extra special because I used my morning coffee ritual as inspiration. They have a little caffeine kick from some ground espresso, the almond pulp from my almond milk which I use as a creamer, and a spice mix that gets blended into my coffee to help with inflammation, hormones, and blood sugar! You can also sprinkle some sea salt on top like a boss.
Mocha Spice Brownies
4 eggs, room temp
1 c. coconut sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. almond pulp (leftover from making almond milk)
1 c. cocoa
1/2 c. coconut oil or butter, soft
2 tsp. finely ground espresso
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. sea salt
coffee spice mix for dusting. (inspired by this.)
2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
2 Tbsp. turmeric
1 Tbsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. maca powder
- In a small jar, add spice ingredients. Shake well and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In small bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and vanilla until frothy.
- In another bowl, combine cocoa, almond pulp, espresso, cinnamon, and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients until well mixed.
- Add the oil/butter and beat until well incorporated.
- Pour into a well-oiled baking pan and bake for 20 mins. Careful to not over bake. Take them out when it seems like maybe they need an extra 5 mins.
- Let cool before dusting the spice mixture on top. (I used a small strainer to evenly “dust”). Cut into squares!
4 Comments Add yours
Delicious one to try, Chloe https://pinkiebag.com/
I hope you love it!
Totally making these for Christmas! I love everything mocha 🙂
Awesome! They are so tasty 🍫☕️