It’s my belief that anytime bananas reach this level of ripeness, they are automatically nominated for a banana bread baking sesh. AMIRIGHT?
I have a plethora of banana bread recipes on this blog yet still felt compelled to create a new iteration of this classic favorite. Since it’s officially AUTUMN this week, I decided to jump on the pumpkin bandwagon (sort of) and make a Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread. I also love using almond meal to bake because it’s cheap and easy to find! I don’t use actual pumpkin in this recipe but I do use the spices responsible for the excellent seasonal flavor that we all know and love! There’s also an option to add other fall flavors like pecans and cranberry.
If you’re looking for sugar-free versions, nut-free versions, combo versions, and the classics then check them out here:
Whew! Is it possible to like banana bread too much?
Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
2 c. almond meal
1/4 c. plus 2 Tbsp. tapioca starch
1 1/2 Tbsp. pumpkin spice
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, room temperature
1/4 c. coconut oil, melted
1/4 c. honey
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 banana (1/2 chopped, 1/2 sliced)
1/4 c. dried cranberries (optional)
1/4 c. chopped pecans plus more for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- in a blender, puree the wet ingredients.
- in a small bowl, mix all the dry ingredients well.
- add wet to dry and mix till smooth.
- fold in chopped banana, pecans, and cranberries.
- pour mix into greased loaf pan.
- Decorate top with sliced banana and sprinkled pecans.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until toothpick comes out clean.