Here I am again! 6 weeks postpartum which I guess is some magical time when my body is *mostly* recovered and things should start to normalize in newborn-land. Well, I’m not sure what normal looks like anymore but I definitely feel like I’m getting in the swing of things. Can’t say for sure that I feel 100% recovered… but who does? I mean, I spent 10 month growing a baby, stretching my body and then BAM! birthed a baby over a weekend.
Patience and gentleness are my new best friends when it comes to recovery.
I’d love to jump into some training again, but I know I would be better served to come back to fitness slowly and mindfully and then start up the more hardcore stuff once I’m actually sleeping 8 hours a night.
I’d love to tighten up my diet, but I know I’m responsible for feeding a small person and cannot afford to get all experimental with my body composition. So I will clean up where I can (bye bye sugar, toast, and ice cream) and make sure I’m eating plenty of nutrients and calories for my body and my babe.
One of my new favorite pastimes is baking yummy new treats instead of going out and buying flourless cake, protein bars, or whatever else strikes my fancy in the expensive grocery stores (Whole Foods, I’m looking at you! Which is easy since I live across the street…).
This loaf was SOOOO SATISFYING. Moist and scrumptious like a good breakfast bread should be. You could also bake it in a muffin tin, just lower the time a bit since they will cook faster!
Banana Blueberry Bread
1 1/2 c. almond flour
1/2 c. tapioca starch
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. coconut sugar
1/4 c. butter, soft or coconut oil if dairy-free
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 c. almond milk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. blueberries
sliced almonds for garnish
- In a food processor, blend butter and sugar until mixed well.
- Add eggs, 1 banana, and vanilla and blend until smooth.
- Add flour, starch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- While processor is running, drizzle in the nut milk until well combined.
- Finally, fold in the blueberries (fresh or frozen will work, just defrost and drain the frozen ones).
- Pour into greased loaf pan.
- Slice other banana vertically and lay on top of batter. Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake at 350 for 40 mins until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.