Who’s stoked on summer?!?!
OH MEE! ME ME ME!
I’m over here working on my summer bod… and by that I mean I’m 3 weeks away from my due date. (teehee)
It’s pretty incredible to be coming into a summer season NOT CONCERNED AT ALL about my “bikini body”. In fact, I like my bikini body right now. Big belly and all. And I fully intend to be rocking this pregnant belly and the postpartum belly at the beach in hopes of lots of Vitamin D, salty air, a suntan, and sandy bums. Life is too short to be concerned about stretch marks, cellulite, losing those “last 5 lbs.”, and all the other things we crazy women worry our pretty little heads about every swimsuit season.
Speaking of summer, today is the Solstice which means I will be eating ALL the burgers and ALL the berries in the coming months. If you’re a bunless-burger aficionado (like me), this burger salad will completely rock your world.
Feel free to omit the goat cheese if you are intolerant towards dairy. I promise the cheese won’t take any offense (and neither will your taste buds, it’s amazing even without cheese).
Strawberry Balsamic Burger Salad
1/2 lb. ground pork
1 lb. ground beef
2 Tbsp. dijon mustard
1 green onion, minced
2 tsp. onion powder
2 tsp. garlic powder
salt and pepper
1/2 red onion, sliced thinly
2-3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
4 c. baby arugula
8 large strawberries, sliced thinly
1/4 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
1 oz. goat cheese (optional)
- In a bowl mix together all of the burger ingredients until well combined. Form into patties and set aside
- In a skillet, heat 2-3 Tbsp. of oil/fat until warm. Add onions and cook slowly until caramelized.
- Once onions are soft and brown, add to a bowl with sliced berries and balsamic vinegar.
- Add a little more oil to the warm skillet, heat to medium-high. Sear each side of the burgers (or grill if you prefer) until desired “done”ness.
- Serve burger over arugula, fennel salad and top with balsamic mixture.
- Garnish with goat cheese. (optional)