My Memorial Day weekend was filled with bags of clothing and furniture and box cutters. Everyone’s favorite kind of weekend activity : Moving! We didn’t move far but that doesn’t change the fact that we had to move ALL THE THINGS.
My poor 8 1/2 month pregnant body was definitely feeling the burn.
Fortunately, some friends invited us over for a BBQ on Monday which forced us to take a break from unpacking and relax.
This also forced me to come up with my first culinary creation in the new kitchen. A welcome interruption for sure.
I love using my avocado chocolate pudding as a filling for a tart or pie, and since the holiday weekend typically signifies the beginning of summer, I opted to include some fresh tasty berries! They also lended some patriotic flair in tribute to the holiday’s true purpose; to remember those who have given their lives in service of our great country!
The almond meal crust is nutty and wholesome, but if you want a more traditional tart crust, you can swap the almond meal for a fine grain almond flour.
Berry Chocolate Pudding Tart
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
5 pitted dates, soaked (discard soaking liquid before blending)
1/3 c. cocoa powder
3 T. honey
1 tsp. vanilla
pinch sea salt
- Blend all ingredients until smooth in blender or food processor.
Crust and Tart
2 c. almond meal
2 Tbsp. coconut oil or soft butter
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine ingredients in a food processor until moist and begins to clump together.
- Press evenly into a greased tart pan.
- Bake for 10-12 mins until golden.
- Cool before filling.
- Once cool, spread pudding evenly inside crust.
- Top with sliced berries (I cut the blackberries in half so they would lay nicely #sofancy).
3 Comments Add yours
good for breakfast.