2016/05/24 by nikkiledford
One of the defining qualities of an epic breakfast is the scent it creates while cooking. We’ve all experienced the joy of waking up to the smell of bacon lulling us out of our bedroom, the coffee maker emitting its heavenly aroma, and that Sunday morning french toast fills the house with a cloud of cinnamon spice!
This dish fits into that category quite nicely. Last weekend, my husband woke up very curious about what was happening in the kitchen.
For all the grain-free folks who miss the breakfast breads of years past, this bake will satisfy that starchy-comfort foody need we all have from time to time. Enjoy during a weekend brunch or make a large batch to split throughout the week for an easy breakfast!
Cinnamon Sweet Potato Bake
2 sweet potatoes, sliced very thin
3 Tbsp. butter (i love KerryGold) or coconut oil
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. cinnamon (plus more for sprinkling)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a glass baking dish, layer 1/2 of the sliced sweet potatoes. Sprinkle some salt and cinnamon.
- Fill the with the remaining sweet potatoes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add honey, a pinch of sea salt, cinnamon, and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the sweet potatoes and bake for 45 mins until tops are golden.
- Slice into squares and serve with breakfast!