I’m really sad you guys. My landlady just cut back this GIANT beautiful Bougainvillea plant in our front yard. I know it’ll grow back, but I seriously feel like my house is naked and exposed right now. It offered so much shade and color and texture to our little abode and I’m grieving the loss. It may be pregnancy, it may be my enduring love for plants, it may be I’m a spoiled brat… but I’m genuinely bummed out.
Ugh, how annoying am I?! As soon as you start complaining about your landscaping, you can bet that your life is actually pretty great. #firstworldproblems
You know what IS great about life? Homemade Nut Milk. I’ve recently jumped back into making my own nut milk. It just tastes SO much better than the box stuff.
I made this version because I was wanting something a little sweet to add to my iced coffee. I usually don’t crave sweet stuff, but we had a week or so of REALLY HOT temperatures and iced decaf coffee was on my list of “MUST HAVES”. I also managed to add in a healthy dose of collagen! Gotta sneak in the nutrients every chance I get!
Hope you likey!
Salted Caramel Almond Milk
1 c. almonds
7 medjool dates
4 c. water
2 Tbsp. collagen
1 1/2 Tbsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
dash of sea salt
- Fill a mason jar with water and the almonds. Let soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse almond and place in a blender with dates, water, collagen, vanilla, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Blend for a minute or two until creamy and frothy.
- Strain into a large bowl using a cheese cloth, nut milk bag, or reusable mesh grocery bag (pro-tip: these are cheaper than nut milk bags!)
- Pour milk into jars and chill. Good for 5-7 days.