2016/04/27 by nikkiledford
Time to start stocking up on some zucchini recipes. Summer will be upon us in NO TIME and the abundance of summer squashes along with it. This version of zucchini bread is refreshing and bright with lots of added lemon zest!
Lemon Zucchini Bread
1 c. almond flour
1 c. coconut sugar
1 c. shredded zucchini
1/2 c. tapioca starch
1/4 c. collagen or plain-flavored protein powder
1/4 c. butter, soft or vegan shortening (like this)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 lemons, zested
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325
- In a small bowl, combine flour, starch, collagen, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl blend together butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix well.
- Fold in zucchini and lemon zest.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, cast iron skillet, pyrex dish, or muffin tin.
- Bake 20-25 mins for muffins, 30-35 mins for pyrex/skillet, 40 mins for loaf pan.
- Cool and serve!
note: powdered sugar garnish is optional. you could also garnish with more lemon zest or lemon curls.