I love baking with cashew flour. It’s super moist and a great blank canvas for any flavor you’re desiring! Baking with almond butter, sunflower seed butter, and peanut butter will always limit your flavor profiles to what pairs well with those particular nuts. Cashew is very bland and neutral which allows for a little more experimentation!
Check out my other cashew butter favs:
Can’t find cashew butter? Never fear! Nut butter is SO EASY to make yourself. If you have a food processor, you can do it! It’ll take less than 10 mins from assembling your food processor, to adding the nuts and salt, processing, scraping the sides, and letting it breakdown until the oils release and a buttery, smooth ball forms! Kitchen magic…
Cranberry Spice Breakfast Bread
1 3/4 c. cashew butter
1/2 c. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. dried cranberries
1/4 c. pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease an 8×8 glass dish with coconut oil.
- Blend all ingredients (except cranberries and pumpkin seeds) in a food processor or mix well in a medium bowl.
- Fold in cranberries.
- Pour batter into glass dish.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 45 mins until center is set and toothpick comes out clean. (I took mine out a little early because I wanted it to be a little under-done).
- Let cool before slicing into bars.