This past weekend was the Easter holiday and I was very happy to host some friends and their adorable baby girl for brunch! I love all things breakfast, especially when they include sweets! Our guests were kind enough to bring some incredible gluten-free cookies to share.
To break up all the cookie eating, we also had some savory fare. This lemony spin on a classic deviled-egg was an absolute winner! Even the baby loved it!
If you would like to prepare a simple and refreshing brunch for your next weekend gathering, check out our menu below!
Spring Brunch Menu
Lemon Rosemary Deviled Eggs
12 eggs, hard-boiled or steamed
3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
2 tsp. dijon mustard
zest of 1 lemon
1 Tbsp. rosemary, chopped
sprinkle of garlic powder
sea salt to taste
- Steam eggs in steamer basket for 10 mins or boil in water for 10 mins. (I find that steaming helps the peeling process… give it a try!)
- Run eggs under cold water when done. Peel when cool enough to handle.
- Slice eggs in half and scoop yolks into a bowl.
- Add other ingredients to the bowl and mash with yolks until smooth.
- I scooped the yolk mixture into a small ziplock baggie and cut the corner to fill the egg white cups. Kind of like a pastry bag. This is less messy than trying to spoon the filling into the egg whites, but less fancy than using an actual pasty bag and tip.
- Serve chilled!