2016/03/02 by nikkiledford
I’ve been going a little nuts with my “sweets” recipes lately, so I thought I would change it up this week by sharing a yummy SAVORY dish.
This meal, like many of my dishes, was born out of the need to use up some leftover ingredients in my fridge and freezer. I had a batch of my Vegan Cheese Dip in the fridge along with some ground beef, etc… Cheeseburger Peppers were born!
The cheesy bacon flavor is amazing and comforting without being overly heavy or greasy!
I bet the kiddos will go crazy for this one! The filling would also go great with a Gluten-Free bun as a cheesburger-y sloppy joe or your could even eat this over greens as salad!
Bacon Cheese Burger Stuffed Peppers
2 large bell peppers, halved and seeded
1/2 lb. ground sirloin
4 slices bacon, chopped
1/4 red onion, diced small
2 garlic cloves
2 tbsp. chopped chives
1 fresh tomato, chopped
1/3 c. Vegan Cheese Dip
Pickle Relish or diced bell pepper for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Place peppers on a cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 mins until warmed through.
- While peppers are baking add a bit of oil to a skillet over medium heat and sauté onion, bacon, and garlic until fragrant.
- Add beef and cook until browned.
- Add tomato, cheesy dip, and chives. Stir until well mixed.
- Spoon into pepper halves and serve with your burger garnishes!