Greetings from the great state of Idaho. I’m up here visiting family and enjoying a bit of ACTUAL fall weather. Rain, cold, wind, colorful leaves, etc. I packed all my warmest sweaters, vests, flannels, and boots. Still leggings though, always leggings. #teamspandex
It’s actually pretty comical to plop me down in the middle of cold weather. I’ve been known to get a little “testy” if I get too cold, so I’ve really been enjoying my expertly packed layers, tea, the wood-burning stove, and my new favorite apple crisp.
Chilly mornings and nights will not get you down when there’s delicious crisp to be eaten. Just fire up this recipe and you have a delicious warm nighttime snack or ‘treat yo self’ breakfast.
Apple Crisp Skillet (grain-free, dairy-free)
5-6 medium apples, peeled and chopped
3 Tbsp. cassava flour
1-2 T. coconut sugar
generous sprinkle of cinnamon
pinch of salt
1 c. chopped pecans
1/2 c. coconut sugar
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4-1/2 c. cassava flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, flour, sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour apple mixture into medium/large cast iron skillet.
- In the same bowl, combine pecans, sugar, oil, flour, cinnamon, and salt until mixture begins to clump together.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture over the apples evenly.
- Bake for 20-30 mins until apples are soft.
- Let cool slightly and serve with some Dairy-Free Ice Cream