2015/10/01 by nikkiledford
~ Continuing on this week’s theme of equinox-inspired meals, I offer you a delicious fresh pear breakfast dish just in time for your weekend brunch ~
Pear and Chard Frittata
1 pear, cored and sliced thin (apples would work too)
1 bunch rainbow or swiss chard, stemmed and roughly chopped (any dark leafy green will work!)
1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
1 tbsp. minced rosemary
1 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a skillet, heat olive oil and add 1/2 or more of the sliced pear, onion, and a sprinkle of salt.
- In a bowl, whisk eggs with a little salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Once the onion and pear is fragrant and a little caramelized, add chard and sauté until wilted.
- Add egg and top with pear slices for “looks”. Sprinkle rosemary on top and place whole skillet in the oven (turn off the stove burner!).
- Using a hot pad, remove the frittata from the oven once the center is set, about 10 mins or so.
- Slice and serve. Add some goat cheese if you like dairy 🙂 Leave it off is you’re strict-paleo.