Hey, remember when I said I was going to be on the radio? Well, I was! Here’s the Real Talk San Diego recording if you wanna listen into some kick-butt local AM broadcasting action.
In this post I will teach you how to upgrade a classic — chicken salad!
This Mediterranean-inspired version of chicken salad looks fancy and makes a fantastic meal for a warm summer day.
Most of the ingredients are pre-made which means you get to spend less time cooking and more time EATING!
Kalamata Chicken Salad
1 lb. chicken thighs, lightly seasoned and grilled (or use any leftover chicken you have, just chopped roughly)
1 bag spinach (about 6 c.)
1/2 c. kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1/2 c. marinated artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
1/4 c. sun-dried tomatoes, sliced thinly
3 sprigs of parsley, leaves only chopped
2 Tbsp. capers
red wine vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, add about 1 Tbsp. olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté spinach until wilted, season with a bit of sea salt and pepper.
- Roughly chop chicken and place in a medium bowl.
- In the bowl, add artichoke, olive, tomato, parsley, and capers.
- Toss with a drizzle of olive oil and red wine vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over wilted greens.