A classic banana bread typically includes smattering of walnuts or pecans. In this edition of The Clean Plate Makeover, I chose to add some hemp protein powder and decorate with a sprinkle of hemp seeds! You could also bake this batter into a loaf or bar pan and garnish the top any way you like! I love it when food looks pretty! The green and cream-colored hemp seeds make these muffins fun and friendly.
They are perfect after a good hard workout for some glycogen replenishment, a late weekend breakfast, or a healthy on-the-go snack!
Banana Hemp Seed Muffins
1 c. cashew flour (or almond)
1 c. coconut sugar
1 c. mashed banana
3/4 c. tapioca starch
1/4 c. unsweetened hemp protein powder
1/4 c. grass-fed butter, ghee, or coconut shortening (I used Nutiva)
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
banana slices and hemp seeds to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a bowl, blend sugar and butter/shortening.
- Add remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Using an ice-cream scoop or 1/4 c. measuring cup, divide batter into a lined or greased muffin tin (may need two muffin tins. This recipe made 18 regular-sized muffins).
- Slice banana into thin rounds and garnish each muffin with one slice and a sprinkle of hemp seeds.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until center is fully cooked (use toothpick to check).