2015/05/13 by nikkiledford
I know you made my Mocha Spice Shredded Beef over the weekend, and now you’re “stuck” with yummy leftovers wondering, “How can I make this meal even MORE delicious”. No worries friend, I got you.
These tortillas, found at A Girl Worth Saving, are one of my new favorite things. Combined with some tasty shredded beef, they make some incredible taquitos. If you’re a subscriber to the Primal Blueprint school of thought or you generally enjoy crushing some (nutrient-dense) dairy now and then, feel free to add in some organic monterey jack or queso fresca. These are also delicious with some freshmade guacamole and pico de gallo.
Grain-Free Shredded Beef Taquitos
1 tortilla recipe from A Girl Worth Saving (my own adaptations are below)
1 egg white
1/2 c. tapioca starch
1/4 c. ground sesame or sunflower seeds
1/2 tsp. cream of tartar
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. sea salt
pinch of cayenne and lime zest
1/2 lb. Mocha Spice Shredded Beef
2 Tbsp. coconut oil or ghee
- Mix all tortilla ingredients and cook one at a time in a large non-stick skillet.
- Shred the beef and spread a small amount in a line across the tortilla. (add cheese now if using)
- Roll up tortilla and set aside. Continue with the rest of the tortillas.
- Heat a skillet with coconut oil until hot.
- Place taquitos, seam side down in the hot oil. Turn with tongs when browned.
- Serve with guacamole, salsa, and hot sauce!