This is the result of complete recipe improvisation.
I was scanning an old bread recipe and didn’t have the necessary ingredients on hand, so I swapped here, added there. The result was pretty incredible. I’m so glad that it was for a client because my husband and I were ready to consume the entire pan.
Chocolate Chip Sweet Potato Bars
1/2 c. tapioca starch
1/2 c. almond meal
1/2 c. coconut sugar
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. sweet potato puree
1/2 c. coconut shortening (I used the Nutiva brand)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 c. dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a medium bowl, beat together all the wet ingredients until smooth.
- In another bowl, sift together all the dry ingredients, leaving the chocolate chips on the side.
- Mix together wet and dry until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a greased or lined 8×8 glass dish.
- Bake for 35-40 mins until golden and set in the middle.
- Let cool and then cut into bars. (10 bars)
5 Comments Add yours
I’ve never used sweet potatoes in baking before! Your bars sounds amazing 😉
Thanks! I also have a sweet potato fudge recipe that isn’t baked but it’s super delicious!
Hope you enjoy the bars!
This looks awesome! I will definitely be trying!
They’re dangerously good!