This is a little play on a past recipe. I’m sure some people prefer chicken nuggets to chicken fingers…
Add some sweet potato fries and you’ve got a very-kid friendly recipe!
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 c. potato starch
1/2 c. red palm oil or coconut oil
- Chop chicken into 2 bite-sized pieces.
- In a bowl, whisk egg and add chicken to coat.
- In another bowl, add starch and spices and mix well.
- Add chicken to the starch mix and toss to coat.
- In a heavy bottom skillet, add 1/2 c. oil over high heat.
- Once oil is sizzling hot, add chicken pieces in one layer. Flip when first side is crispy brown. (Turn heat down to medium/medium-high if it starts smoking so you don’t burn the chicken, but you still want the oil to be hot.)
Dairy-Free Ranch (a blog favorite!)
2 c. cashews
1 1/2 c. water
1 lemon, juiced
1/4 c. olive oil
pinch of lemon zest
1 heaping tsp. garlic powder
1 heaping tsp. onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. rice vinegar
3-4 sprigs of parsley, leaves only
- Setting aside olive oil and parsley, add all ingredients to your blender and blend until smooth (add a little more water if it’s not blending well).
- As the blender runs, add in the olive oil. Add parsley last.