I’m in love with this fresh, light, and colorful salad. I don’t cook with fish or shellfish too often, but this dish makes me want to change that PRONTO.
Spicy Mango Shrimp Salad
1 lb. shrimp, peeled and de-veined (tail-off)
1 Tbsp. red palm oil or coconut oil
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and diced
1/2 cucumber, peeled and chopped small
1 large mango, peeled and diced small
handful cilantro, minced
1/4 white onion, diced small
juice of 2 limes
red pepper flakes to taste
salt to taste
- In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add shrimp and flip when first side is done. The shrimp will curl and turn pink when done. (don’t over cook! Turn off heat a couple minutes after you flip).
- Place shrimp in a bowl and chill.
- In a bowl, add diced mango, onion, cilantro, cucumber, lime juice, and jalapeño.
- Once shrimp is cool, chop small and add to the bowl.
- Toss with salt and red pepper to taste.
2 Comments Add yours
YUM this looks like it should rightfully be eaten on a beach in the sunshine. Thanks for sharing!
What a great idea! It’s a bit rainy here in San Diego today but a beach picnic should be scheduled ASAP!