I did something crazy today!
Yes, that’s a nose piercing. I’ve been wanting to get one for SUCH a long time, but I’ve never been good at making those kinds of decisions. So upon waking, I decided to go today and get it done. I’m feeling super awesome about it, but who knows what kind of crazy buyer’s remorse might come up in a few days…
Something I never have remorse about is breakfast. My absolute most favorite meal of the day. Lately I’ve been trying my hand at some paleo-style wraps. I like this one from A Girl Worth Saving, and I used them to make some enchiladas. Naturally, I thought I’ would also incorporate them into my favorite meal time. Egg tacos seemed like a pretty obvious choice. They are really fun and easy to make so I hope you feel inspired for your holiday weekend!
Spinach and Egg Tacos
5-6 eggs, scrambled
1 small bag of spinach
1 Tbsp. ghee
1 Tbsp. pesto or your favorite sauce (guacamole, olive tapenade, salsa, bruschetta) for each wrap
Paleo Wraps (adapted from A Girl Worth Saving)
1 egg white
2 Tbsp. ground sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1/2 c. potato or tapioca starch
pinch of red pepper flakes
- To make the wraps, whisk eggs in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat some ghee or oil in a skillet until hot.
- Pour a little bit of the batter into the skillet and using a spatula, spread the batter around (or swivel the skillet around) to make the tortilla larger. They will cook quickly so flip once one side is set and barely golden.
- Do the same with the remaining batter until you have 5-6 tortillas.
- Adding a little more ghee to the skillet, cook spinach until barely wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top the tortillas with your eggs, spinach, and sauce.