2015/03/27 by nikkiledford
Hey! Look what I made (with some help from my talented husband)!
It’s a tiny cookbook featuring the ten most popular recipes on the blog! Would you ever buy anything like this? I feel like there are so many cookbooks out there, but I just love leafing through the pictures, getting inspirations, and having my recipes on PAPER instead of a screen. I can’t be the only person who feels this way…
Well, since you’re stuck with The Clean Plate on a screen (for now), here’s a super fun and incredibly easy Paleo version of a lunch-time favorite.
I often hear complaints that it’s difficult to comply with a paleo diet when you’re
“on-the-go”. Well, I have a great solution for this problem! This is a fantastic way to have your typical lunch-time sandwich, without the bread. Just use your deli meat as the wrap and hold it all together with some parchment paper!
Italian Sub Wrap
1/4 lb. each of your favorite deli meats like:
Roasted bell pepper
Dressing/Dip for each wrap:
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
sprinkle of dried oregano and black pepper
- Layer and stagger the meats on a large square (have a point of the square facing you … like a diamond) of parchment paper.
- Add fillings on the meat, leaving room on the margins to roll (see below)
- Using the corner of the parchment paper, lift up the long edge of the meat and roll the meat over the filling like an enchilada (don’t roll the paper into the meat roll.
- One the meat is rolled up, fold the parchment over and tuck the sides in like you’re rolling a burrito.
- Using a sharp knife (do not use a serrated knife if you don’t want paper pieces in your wrap) slice diagonally down the middle of the roll.
- In a small bowl, mix oil, vinegar, and spices. Pour over wrap when ready to eat!