2015/03/26 by nikkiledford
My husband was happily munching on this for breakfast this morning!
I love using freeze-dried fruit in paleo baked goods because there’s a great concentration of flavor and sweetness without the potential complication of adding too much moisture to the recipe. You could also try this with some freeze-dried blueberries, pineapple, or mango!
Strawberry Banana Bread
3 large bananas, ripe
1/2 c. tapioca starch
1/3 c. coconut flour
1/4 c. coconut sugar
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 bag freeze-dried strawberries (about 1 c.)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, sift together coconut flour, starch, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mash bananas.
- Add eggs, sugar, and vanilla to the bananas. Mix well.
- Stir in the coconut oil.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Pour batter into a parchment lined or greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40 mins or so until middle is set.