Here’s a fantastic idea for your post-holiday weekend brunch! (New Year’s Resolutions notwithstanding… more on that later.)
I made these for my romantic and relaxing Christmas morning with my husband. I wanted to use some blueberry scones that I over baked (whoopsie!) along with some new Le Creuset mini crocks that I scored at a garage sale for 5 bucks. Two “trash” items recycled into a treasure for the taste buds.
Blueberry Banana Bread Pudding
1 recipe of day-old Blueberry Scones (bake them a bit longer… until more golden brown all over)
2 small bananas
chocolate chips (optional)
1 c. coconut milk
1/4 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. coconut oil (or ghee)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a bowl, mix milk, eggs, oil, syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Chop up the scones and banana and place in 2-3 small oven-safe dishes (ramekins, a small cast iron skillet, or loaf pan would work)
- Pour egg mixture over the bread mix evenly.
- Bake for 25-35 mins (depending on how big the dish) until set. The egg mix should not jiggle.
- Serve with some chocolate chips or shavings on top if you’re feeling fancy.