2014/11/25 by nikkiledford
There’s no denying it… even if you have the best intentions and the most paleo-perfect holiday menu, you will likely eat too much on Thursday.
This is a little inspiration for a healthy, light meal for your post-holiday feast fest.
Seedy Kale Salad
1 bag baby kale (if using mature kale, de-stem and chop, massage kale with a bit of salt and olive oil)
1/4 c. sunflower seeds
1/4 c. sliced almonds
1/4 c. pumpkin seeds
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
1/4 c. dried cranberries
3 heirloom carrots, shredded
2 green onions, chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
1/2 c. olive oil
1-2 Tbsp. honey
salt and pepper
- In a blender, mix all the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, toss kale, onions, heirloom carrots, and parsley with desired amount of dressing.
- Divide kale among 3-4 plates.
- Sprinkle nuts and seeds equally over each plate.
- Top with cranberries and serve.