I’ve been super into potatoes lately. No, not SWEET potatoes. Just regular ol’ white potatoes. They are delicious and starchy and wonderful. And I guess technically they are not paleo, but for those who feel like getting all “paleo police” on me…
Oh Spongebob, you saucy minx.
Hey! It’s cooler now over here in Orange County. By cooler I mean its a balmy 83… in October. My St. Bernard was not happy for a while. He permanently camped out on our bathroom tile.
Ok, so i’ve talked about potatoes, my dog… what’s left? Oh I know! The husband and I are catering an event next weekend to benefit a non-profit organization called International Princess. This organization does work in India so we will have an Indian inspired food and drink menu! I’m hoping that Geoff will share his drink recipes here so you all can try them yourselves!
Until then, enjoy some potatoes.
Spinach Potato Curry
1 lb. chicken thighs, cubed (vegetarian/vegans could use some rice)
5 small red potatoes, peeled and cubed small
1 bag of spinach
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 can coconut milk
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
2 Tbsp. curry powder
- Boil or roast potatoes until al dentè (firm but able to easily pierce with a fork)
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil and add chicken to sear. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes, onions, and garlic. Stir until fragrant.
- Add coconut milk and curry. Stir to combine.
- When chicken is cooked through and potatoes are soft, add spinach and incorporate slowly. The spinach will wilt into the hot curry. Remove from heat and salt to taste.