2014/08/07 by nikkiledford
Nothing says “Summer” quite like PEACHES!
Peaches and Proscuitto are an epic combination anytime, but I particularly like this as a breakfast pairing.
Frittatas are seriously easy to make and they look so beautiful! Consider a frittata for your next gathering… it doesn’t need to be breakfast! People love eggs any ol’ time.
Peach and Prosciutto Frittata
1 semi-ripe peach, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced (firm but not rock-hard)
1-2 Tbsp. butter or coconut oil
1/2 c. thinly sliced red onion
1/2 c. shaved parmesan cheese (optional)
3-4 slices of prosciutto
a generous sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375
- In an oven-safe skillet heat 1-2 Tbsp. grass-fed butter or coconut oil over medium heat
- Add onion and stir until they begin to soften.
- Add peaches and sauté until peaches are fragrant
- In a large bowl, whisk parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into skillet.
- Turn off the stove and drape the prosciutto over the top of the egg mixture.
- Place skillet in oven.
- Bake for 15-25 mins (depends a lot on the kind of skillet) Check periodically. It will be ready when the center doesn’t jiggle. The prosciutto will be crispy on top!