2014/07/08 by nikkiledford
My search for perfect paleo-friendly scones continues. These were amazing. Make sure to follow the steps.
1 1/4 c. cashew or almond flour (process cashew meal in a food processor or blender until it reaches a finer texture)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. sea salt
2/3 c. tapioca, arrowroot, or potato starch
1 c. cashew or almond meal
1 c. fresh blueberries
- In a small bowl combine flour, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Add apple cider vinegar over baking soda in the mixture. Let the baking soda bubble up with the vinegar and then fold the bubbles into the batter.
- In another bowl mix together the starch, another cup of flour, and salt.
- Add flour mix to batter. Fold in gently.
- Fold blueberries in gently.
- Bake at 350 for 16-20 mins. Until edges are golden and tops are cracked.