2014/06/10 by nikkiledford
Pasta from carrots?!
Right now, Trader Joe’s has Organic Rainbow Carrots, which make for a beautiful Paleo pasta dish!
Using a vegetable peeler, make pasta strands with the carrots. Throw the “noodles” into a skillet with a little oil over medium heat and lightly sauté until barely wilted (you don’t want to over cook or they will be mushy).
Cilantro Pesto Shrimp with Rainbow Noodles
1 large bunch cilantro
1/4-1/2 c. olive oil
1/4 c. pepitas
1-2 garlic cloves (to taste)
juice and zest from 1 lemon
salt to taste
Rainbow or Heirloom Carrots (prepare them as described above)
- In a food processor, add cilantro, lemon, garlic, and pepitas. Blend well.
- Add olive oil and mix until desired consistency.
- Add salt to taste
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and cook until pink.
- Top prepared noodles with shrimp and drizzle pesto on top.