2014/04/16 by nikkiledford
Today’s recipe is another edition of “Things I Make For My Dad”. Today is my Dad’s birthday (Happy Birthday Dad!) and we celebrated over the past weekend. So naturally, I provided his very own chocolate bomb dessert. You may remember a past “Dad Dessert” called the Triple Chocolate Orange Torte. This is a berry version of that recipe. If you want to go crazy with the chocolate (and you’re not into the fruit/chocolate combination) then you could use ganache for the filling.
Triple Chocolate Raspberry Torte
Double the recipe for triple chocolate torte here for a 2-layer cake (with or without orange zest).
1/2 – 3/4 c. Organic Raspberry Fruit Spread
1 1/2 c. coconut milk (canned, use the creamy part only)
1 1/2 c. dark chocolate chips, or chopped bar
- Make the torte recipe (doubled) and bake in a 10 inch springform or round cake pan (grease or line with parchment).
- Bake for 20-25 mins at 350. Once cooled, the cake will shrink away form the sides of the pan.
- Using a flat spatula, spread raspberry spread on one of the cooled cakes.
- Flip the other cake over and lay it on top of the raspberry layer.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut milk until scalding but do not bring to a boil.
- Place chocolate in a bowl and pour hot coconut milk over the top. Stir until thick, creamy, and well combined.
- Place cake on a cooling rack over a baking sheet.
- Pour ganache over the cake and tilt the baking sheet to completely cover the cake top and sides.
- Chill until ganache is firm and garnish with fresh raspberries, chocolate shavings, orange zest curls… Then give it to your dad and he’ll eat it all.