Made these last weekend. They were a MAJOR hit with all the eaters.
I was looking around for a raw chocolatey dessert since I was at home (no oven) and fortunately stumbled across this recipe on Mind Body Green!
They are exceptionally easy and incredibly yummy. I wanted the chocolate coating to act more like a hard shell (easier to transport). But check out the original recipe for instructions on how to make the chocolate more soft.
Raw Chocolate Covered Caramels
2 c. soft medjool dates, pitted
3 tsp. organic peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
2 pinches sea salt
2 c. dark chocolate chips, melted
- In a food processor, combine dates, nut butter, and salt until smooth.
- Chill in the freezer for about 10 mins until date mixture is somewhat gummy and firm to touch. You want it to be less sticky for rolling.
- Roll into 1 inch balls (you may want to wet your fingers a bit to keep them from sticking.
- Place the balls on a plate and freeze/chill again.
- In a double boiler or microwave, melt your chocolate and use a toothpick to dip the chilled balls into the chocolate. Coat completely and place on wax paper .
- Serve cold/cool once the chocolate hardens. (They are great with some red wine!)
One Comment Add yours