2014/03/18 by nikkiledford
Delicious Delicious Delicious!
These muffins are the REAL DEAL. They aren’t crazy dense like most paleo-friendly muffins. Make them for your weekend family brunch and NO ONE will know that they are a healthier version. 🙂 I found this recipe via Pinterest. Go check out Everyday Maven cause she’s got some awesome recipes and a beautiful website!
I first toyed with the idea of calling these Blueberry Volcanoes because…
As far as the “primal” distinction is concerned… I’m not sure how the texture of the muffin would change if you subbed out the butter for coconut oil, but go ahead and try it, and let me know in the comments! You could also get crazy and use some grassed milk instead of nut milk if you’re a dairy eater.
Primal Blueberry Muffins
2 c. cashew meal or almond flour
1/2 c. tapioca or potato starch
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1/3 c. coconut palm sugar
1/4 c. Kerrygold butter, room temperature
3 eggs, room temperature
1/2 c. nut milk
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. almond extract
1 c. blueberries
- In a food processor, blend butter and sugar until mixed well.
- Add eggs and extracts and blend until smooth.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- While processor is running, drizzle in the nut milk until well combined.
- Finally, fold in the blueberries (fresh or frozen will work, just defrost and drain the frozen ones)
- Bake at 350 for 25 – 30 mins until toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy with some pastured butter!