2014/02/18 by nikkiledford
Valentine’s Day has come and gone but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy sweets any old day, right?!
WRONG! Actually, I’m fighting off a cold right now because I’ve been a bit too lenient with my sugar-free ways, sleep has been elusive at times, etc, etc. Let me just make it known that I have not gotten sick in at least 4 years. Needless to say, I’m pretty bummed right now. But I do think it’s understandable given my lifestyle the past couple weeks.
I’m gargling cayenne and apple cider vinegar, drinking tea, coconut water, and lemon ginger shots, taking my vitamin C, showering with eucalyptus oil…. I’m not going down without a fight! I also haven’t done anything active for two days and I went to bed early. I want the suffering to be as short as possible.
SO… Obviously I am not downing racks of cookies at the moment, but I declare that these lil’ treats are super easy and tasty! Go eat them, you healthy people! Darn you!
Sea Salt Chocolate Chunk Cookies
found this recipe over at Ambitious Kitchen, go check it out!
1 c. nut butter (raw is best since you’ll be roasting these cookies in the oven)
1 bar dark chocolate, chopped into chunks
1/3 c. honey or maple syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. sea salt, plus more to sprinkle
- Mix together the wet ingredients (honey, nut butter, egg, and vanilla)until smooth.
- Add baking soda and salt. Combine well.
- Fold in chocolate chunks.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the batter onto a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt
- Bake at 350 for 10 – 12 mins, until golden on bottom. If you make larger cookies (2-3 Tbsp. the bake time is about 15-18 mins.)