Here’s a little Valentine’s gift for y’all. I’ve put together a little Cheat Sheet for how to stock your paleo kitchen! Yay!
Now, on to the recipe 🙂
For those who love stuffed peppers, here’s a cultural spin on an old favorite.
Greek Lamb Stuffed Peppers
3/4 lb. ground lamb
1/4 c. diced red onion
2 bell peppers, cut in half and seeded
1 tsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 c. diced, fire roasted tomatoes
2 Tbsp. chopped kalamata olives
2 cloves garlic
2 tsp. parsley
dash of cinnamon
dash of cumin
optional: crumbled goat feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 and a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add lamb to the skillet and begin to brown.
- Add garlic, onions and cook until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and olive oil. Scrape up the bits from the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon.
- Add seasonings sauté until lamb is cooked through. Add olives at the end. Stir to combine
- Spoon mixture into the bell peppers and put on a baking sheet. Top with cheese if desired.
- Bake for 5-10 mins to melt cheese and lightly roast the pepper.
- Serve warm.