Have you liked my Facebook page yet?
Day 10 revealed yet another ridiculously beautiful day on the coast. It makes me a little worried actually. Its January, you know…WINTER. California has yet to see any real rain for the past few months. I can just feel the earth wanting some refreshment. Let’s hope the atmosphere gets it’s act together soon. Not that I really mind walks in the harbor and yoga in the park on days like these:
I’ve got a recipe for you today! Check it out below. This soup is soooo good. You could eat it cold or hot and it’s equally enjoyable.
Breakfast: Smoothie (almond milk, kale, berries, glutamine, coconut oil, cocoa, egg whites)
Snack: Brisket from whole foods
Lunch: Egg Salad with homemade mayonnaise tomatoes, romaine, and cucumbers and Veggie Juice (beets, carrots, romaine, spinach, ginger, kale, lemon)
Snack: handful of spicy trail mix
Dinner: Coconut Green Curry Soup
Coconut Green Curry Soup
2 lb. chicken thighs
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 c. shiitake mushrooms, diced
2 c. broccoli, chopped
1 small red onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
1-2 inches ginger, minced
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
1 bag of spinach
2 c. chicken broth
1 can coconut milk
salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. Thai Kitchen Green Curry Paste
add red pepper flakes if you want it more spicy!
- In a dutch oven, heat some coconut oil over medium-high and add chopped chicken.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeño, and mushrooms and sauté with chicken for 2 mins until fragrant.
- Add bell pepper, broccoli, ginger. Low the heat.
- Add broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape up the bits on the bottom of the pot.
- Add coconut milk, curry, salt, and pepper. Let simmer until broccoli is cooked through.
- Top soup with spinach and cover.
- Once spinach is wilted, mix into the soup.
- Serve with a squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro.