Fall is in full swing around here. I had a pretty gorgeous (albeit FREEZING) walk the other morning…
I’m also still fully committed to my new workout/diet regimen. Here’s a little taste of my tuesday workout.
My week looks something like this:
- 2-3 days of weight training
- 5-7 days of yoga (30 min – 60 min sessions)
- 7 days of walking (at least 3 miles)
My eating has been pretty great (except for the handful of chocolate covered almonds I devoured yesterday). I’ve been keeping my eating window about 6-8 hours long which means I’m fasting about 16-18 hours each day (not completely fasting as I will have some kombucha or a yerba latte with almond milk in the morning). I’ve also been drinking tons of water and making sure that I’m focusing more on protein and less on fat (nuts, seeds, avocado).
Speaking of things I shouldn’t be eating…Remember these?
Well, I decided to go in another delicious direction. It’s called Chocolate.
This is a Public Service Announcement for MEN:
If your woman is enduring that “special” week of the month, I beg you… Please make these for her. They are a lot healthier than the platter of french macaroons and pints of Hagen Daaz. And she will love you forever.
Chocolate-Coated Almond Butter Dates
1 package of dates
3 oz. 80% dark chocolate, broken up into small pieces.
1/4-1/2 c. salted almond butter (or any nut butter you prefer… walnut would be AMAZING)
- Pit the dates and use a spoon to fill the date with almond butter… about a teaspoon depending on the size of the date.
- In a double boiler (or micro) heat the chocolate pieces until smooth.
- Dip the date in the chocolate, making sure to cover the open side where the nut butter is.
- Let chill until chocolate hardens.
- I dare you not to eat 5 right away.