Sometimes it just takes a little creativity to move your salad from lame to luscious.
Today’s quick tip involves fancifying your run of the mill tomato/cucumber/lettuce/chicken salad.
Cobb Salads. Universally loved because of all the components especially the BACON! (Duh) But let’s be honest, a Cobb Salad usually turns into a game of “find the bacon”. This saddens me. So let’s explore the multitude of options that will take this beautiful dish to a new level of yummy.
Today I subbed the chopped chicken for some fresh caught and pan fried halibut. And a soft-poached egg stood in place of the oft lamented hard boiled egg.
Other variations include :
– Making a avocado based dressing.
– Adding candied almonds or walnuts.
– Shaving some organic Parmesan cheese on top (primal!)
– Grilled steak.
– Pancetta or prosciutto instead of bacon.
– Marinated and sundried tomatoes.
Go make your own!