New and exciting things in my life:
This apron from Ikea. 5 dollars.
My very first Le Creuset. Ain’t she beautiful! It was a fabulous birthday gift from my in-laws.
A new Paleo cookbook, Well Fed and a recommended read, The Happiness Project.
I don’t post a whole lot of seafood recipes, but I’ve recently started making this stew and it’s pretty dang delicious. Coconut milk + Shrimp = An exotic and exciting soup! You can use all kinds of shellfish in here; mussels, clams, other kinds of fish…
Caribbean Fish Stew
1 lb. mahi mahi, cut into chunks
1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails ok)
1 can coconut milk
2 medium heirloom tomatoes
1 medium sweet potato/yam, diced small
1/2 red onion, diced
1 small jalapeno, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. cumin
1 large handful of chopped cilantro
salt and pepper
- In a medium soup pot, heat coconut oil and add onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Stir until fragrant.
- Add mahi chunks and stir.
- Add sweet potato, cumin, salt and pepper
- Add cilantro and coconut milk. Stir and cover to cook for 5 mins.
- Add shrimp and cook for 5 more mins.
- Add tomatoes and turn off heat.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if needed.