I’ve recently stumbled upon a really great paleo blog, Taylor Made it Paleo. Not only is Taylor totally adorable, but she also makes some pretty fun treats. Paleo treats! Go check her out.
I made her Strawberry Coconut Bars… and then I dipped them in chocolate 🙂 Why the heck not?! and THEN I made them with raspberry and dipped them in chocolate again! WHAAAAT? Craziness. I know. Both we delicious and I’m sure you could do the same with all kinds of freeze-dried fruits. Mango, Blueberry, pineapple…. the world is your coconut bar.
Make sure you use your leftover melted chocolate to make some almond, walnut, or macadamia bark!
Chocolate-Dipped Strawberry Coconut Bars
1/2 c. raw sliced almonds
3/4 c. coconut butter
1/4 c. unsweetened coconut flakes
3 pitted dates
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
salt to taste
3/4 c. freeze-dried strawberries
1 bar 85% dark chocolate, melted to dip
- In a food processor combine almonds, coconut butter, and coconut flakes.
- Add dates, salt, and vanilla and combine thoroughly.
- Pulse in strawberries.
- Press mixture into a medium-sized rectangular plastic container (tupperware, etc.)
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Release from the tupperware onto a cutting board and cut into squares.
- Dip squares into melted chocolate and set on waxed paper. Chill or Freeze until ready to eat.
3 Comments Add yours
I am Nick Ospina’s mother and I haven´t forgotten the wonderful cooking class you gave me last year. I just finished making this recipe which my daughter and her husband really love. You will not believe, but I have done every recipe so many times, by now. I enjoy them so much. I hope you are well.
That’s great! I’m so happy you are enjoying them 🙂 I hope to visit Colombia soon