2013/06/19 by nikkiledford
Based on and Inspired by Elana’s Pantry Banana Cream Pie.
Decadent. Delightful. Delicious.
No, I’m not talking about Brad Pitt in his starring role as Achilles in the EPIC chick-flick eye-candy film Troy…
I’m talking about my recently created and devoured banana cream tart. It was amazing. Like, I literally took a bite and said “this is amazing.”
It’s also incredibly simple to make and requires no fancy ingredients. It does, however, require a bit of patience for the layers to set. But I know you can handle the wait. I just know you can!
Chocolate Fudge Banana Cream Tart
2 c. almond flour
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 can coconut milk (canned, full fat)
3/4 c. coconut oil
10 oz. dark chocolate chips
10 oz. coconut milk (canned, full fat)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a food processor, pulse together almond flour and salt. Add egg and coconut and pulse until dough ball forms.
- Press dough into a pie plate or tart pan.
- Bake for 10 mins or so, until golden.
- Set crust aside to cool.
- In a high-speed blender, combine banana, dates, coconut milk, coconut oil.
- Pour banana mixture into the cooled crust and refrigerate until firm. (couple hours)
- In a small pot heat 10 oz. coconut milk. Once scalding remove from the heat and add chocolate. Stir until well combined.
- Let the chocolate cool a bit (not in the fridge)
- Once the chocolate has cooled, pour over the banana layer.
- Chill the tart in the fridge, remove right before serving. Garnish with sea salt and sliced bananas.