Based on and Inspired by Elana’s Pantry Banana Cream Pie.
Decadent. Delightful. Delicious.
No, I’m not talking about Brad Pitt in his starring role as Achilles in the EPIC chick-flick eye-candy film Troy…
I’m talking about my recently created and devoured banana cream tart. It was amazing. Like, I literally took a bite and said “this is amazing.”
It’s also incredibly simple to make and requires no fancy ingredients. It does, however, require a bit of patience for the layers to set. But I know you can handle the wait. I just know you can!
Chocolate Fudge Banana Cream Tart
2 c. almond flour
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 can coconut milk (canned, full fat)
3/4 c. coconut oil
10 oz. dark chocolate chips
10 oz. coconut milk (canned, full fat)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a food processor, pulse together almond flour and salt. Add egg and coconut and pulse until dough ball forms.
- Press dough into a pie plate or tart pan.
- Bake for 10 mins or so, until golden.
- Set crust aside to cool.
- In a high-speed blender, combine banana, dates, coconut milk, coconut oil.
- Pour banana mixture into the cooled crust and refrigerate until firm. (couple hours)
- In a small pot heat 10 oz. coconut milk. Once scalding remove from the heat and add chocolate. Stir until well combined.
- Let the chocolate cool a bit (not in the fridge)
- Once the chocolate has cooled, pour over the banana layer.
- Chill the tart in the fridge, remove right before serving. Garnish with sea salt and sliced bananas.