HOLY MOLY! The summer berries are looking (and tasting) super good! Chocolate-Covered Strawberries are a classic treat. Regardless of your dietary affiliation (paleo, vegan, vegetarian, raw, etc.) these delightful berries are always permissible. A fantastic addition for any gathering such as movie nights, romantic dates, birthday parties, potlucks, and picnics.
Pro Tip: Once you’re done dipping the berries, use the remainder of the chocolate to make these.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries
3 c. strawberries, rinsed and completely dried
6 oz. 85 % dark chocolate
1 Tbsp. palm shortening
- Lay a sheet of wax paper on a flat surface.
- In a small pot, heat a cup or two of water to boiling and top the pot with a clean metal bowl (make sure there’s no water in the bowl).
- Add chocolate and shortening to the bowl.
- Stir until completely melted.
- Using the stem or a skewer, dip berries into the chocolate and place on wax paper. Chill to set.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.